Charisma Retail Pharma allows pharmacies to focus on providing quality service and attracting new customers through real-time monitoring of all activities related to stocks, performance indicators or price developments in pharmacies. Furthermore, the solution improves the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and implementation of loyalty policies, reducing operational costs and automating repetitive, time-consuming tasks.
- Increases customer satisfaction - by automating routine tasks, and increasing efficiency in sales at the cash register, pharmacists can spend more time on the direct relationship with the customer.
- Increases productivity of pharmacies - Charisma Retail Pharma provides an overall image of the entire activity of the pharmacy, allowing the identification and removal from the portfolio of the non-performing items.
- Reduces the selling time - Due to automatic processing of electronic, subsidized and free prescriptions, the waiting time at the cash registers decreases, allowing the pharmacy to take over more customers in the same time interval.
- Consolidated reporting - In case of pharmacy networks, all data of the units in the territory are consolidated at central level, providing the management an exact, up to date image of the performance of the operations of each pharmacy separately.
- Allows performing configurations at each head office and sending them automatically to the pharmacies. This structure removes multiple entries of the same product, maintaining accurate reporting to CNAS and the possibility to perform multidimensional analyses by various categories (financial-accounting, sales, purchases, inventory, pricing, pharmacies), required by the top management.
- Allows reporting to the Integrated Information System of the National Health Insurance and makes electronic or printed reporting according to its requests, including from the county. The system eliminates any mistake that would automatically lead to the rejection of reporting or non-payment of subsidized prescriptions respectively;
- Defines nomenclatures by products according to the specific pharmaceutical field: DCI, therapeutic group, price required, necessary marketing approvals - narcotic or toxic, OTC or RX;
- Issues prescriptions of type TAB II/III, subsidized or free, centralizing them according to specific requirements of the health insurance funds;
- Issues electronic prescriptions and ensures their validation through interfacing with the Unique Integrated Information System (SIUI) of CNAS, expanded with the Electronic Prescription and the Electronic Health Insurance Card;
- Allows printing of the prescriptions directly from the application, including a section with the subsidized value based on which the reporting to CNAS is made, according to the standard format required by law;
- Streamlines the selling process in pharmacies by:
- Fast sales through automatic selection of the product in the sale document by code, name, barcode etc.
- Configurable pricing policy (discounts by products, by categories of products and customer, promotional packages);
- Automatic import of the price lists imposed by the Health Ministry and updating of selling prices;
- Multiple collection methods: cash, vouchers, card, gift card, hire purchase;
- Eliminating “out-of-stock” situations and poor inventory management;
- Integration with any cash register;
- User-friendly and intuitive interface which speeds up the adoption of the system and decreases the total cost in use.
- Security of collection and delivery transactions
Clients Retail Pharma